Friday, September 4, 2009

First Post

I've been meaning to start this blog for a while. I have been working as a photographer in Chicago, and a short stint in San Francisco (I miss you, ocean), for the past ten years. My day job is at Time Out magazine. There, I am a photographer and editor. This year, on the side, I have been photographing weddings as a second photographer. My good pal Lizz Sisson, a fantastic photographer with Gerber Scarpelli, hooked me up with this gig, and so far I really like it. It's quite a challenge from being an editorial photographer. I'm used to spending an hour on one photo, but with weddings, I have to make a hundred images in an hour. I've learned much from the 3 photographers I've worked with. Mainly, I work with Joe Gallo and Andrew Collings and had a one day shoot with Renee Gooch. I must say, they are all excellent people and photographers and all are kind enough to teach me something at each shoot. I feel pretty lucky to be a working photographer, both doing weddings and for a fantastic magazine.

The next few posts will be a collection of images and words from the weddings I've done thus far. As I said, I've been meaning to post these for a while. Then, we'll take it current.

Thank you.

Nicole Radja


No comments:

Post a Comment